Flaunt Your Fab 50s
When you reach your early 50s (or are about to), you know you got to make a few changes here and there. With time our skin undergoes drastic changes that we must adapt to. You need to start twisting and putting together a beauty regime that will suit your skin just as perfectly!
Changes in beauty regime made at this time will remain the same throughout your life. There is no reason why you shouldn’t feel as confident and beautiful as you thought you were before.
A few tricks and you will never lose your charm. For that, you must follow a regular, ideal beauty regime.
How Does Your Skin React To Aging?
Your skin will start showing signs of aging, then is the time to bring about the change. Or you yourself will feel the need to change your beauty regime because your skin stopped showing any difference from the previous regime. Some of the signs include:
- Wrinkles and fine lines become more dramatic.
- Easy skin tanning/ pigmentation.
- Thinning of the facial skin resulting is sagging.
- Enlarged pores, easily visible.
- Your skin feels dull and tired. Creams you used before showing no signs of improvement on your skin.
At this age, your skin starts losing collagen and elastin. These are naturally produced proteins in your skin. Collagen helps in maintaining the firmness of your skin while elastin is responsible for resuming the same shape after stretching. Loss of these proteins will result in the saggy and wrinkled skin.
You will have to start using products rich in collagen, elastin and anti-aging properties. It will make sure your skin doesn’t suffer from the burns of aging and carelessness.
Beauty Routine For The 50s, 60s, And 70s
The early 50s or late 40s is the time for extra care towards your skin. this is the time when your skin and body show peak changes and you still have time to stop unwanted processes. Follow a regular regime for your skin and hair to avoid regret in the later stages. Always Have A Day Time And Night Time Skin Care Routine.
Start with the basics!
Here Is How A Basic Night Time Skin Care Routine Should Look
Step 1: Firstly, use a mild cleanser with high hydrating minerals. Cleansing your face off of any sort of dirt makes your skin look 50% healthy instantly.
Step 2: Use a body lotion twice or maybe thrice a day to keep your skin cells rejuvenated.
Step 3: After you’ve cleansed your face, use a moisturizer. A moisturizer is a key process in your beauty routine. An antioxidant type will work well with every skin type. It will prevent skin tanning and pigmentation.
Step 4: Use a sunscreen always! High SPF sunscreen will make UV rays don’t damage collagen and elastin in your skin.
Step 5: An anti-aging cream is a must! Opt of creams that have powerful yet natural ingredients. These will prevent wrinkles, fine lines, and saggy skin.
Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t skip the regular basic skin regime. Especially during the night time! That is the time your skin is going through significant processes.
- Don’t use sulfate induced products.
- Keep estrogen and testosterone levels in check. They play an important role during aging!
- Don’t make yourself feel like you’re the only one with so many aging issues! We’re all in it. You just need to face it and change it.
- Rely on natural products more than chemically made ones.
- We’re looking for long-term effects and changes, not rapid ones. Avoid products that promise results in a few days.
- Be aware of surgical procedures as well! Any type of treatment for aging should be first researched on.
Age is just a number doing its trick on your mind. Feeling younger is more important than looking younger. Just remember “prevention is better than precaution”. Always, always have a follow-up beauty routine for your skin, and achieve that flawless skin of yours! It’s never too late.